Our advice in the life sciences sector helps you to break new ground - in an ecosystem in which the focus is on people's health.
Aging populations and chronic diseases are pushing healthcare systems around the world to their capacity limits. Medical progress, artificial intelligence and digitization are leading to a power shift - with new market participants pushing into the healthcare market with new business models. Thus:
Life sciences companies have to break new ground in order to remain competitive and to be able to offer their patients individual treatment methods. They need to cooperate and share data, medical knowledge and resources. At the same time, they are required to anticipate global trends and regulatory changes in order to make evidence-based decisions. We support companies from the fields of biotechnology, pharmaceuticals and medical technology.
Our main areas of consulting for our clients are:
- Development or revision of the company strategy
- Development or revision of a business segment strategy
- Assessments of market attractiveness in match with competitive positioning
- Revision or new conception of "Commercial Plans" (taking into account the relevant functional areas)
- Definition or revision of key challenges, "Key Strategic Drivers" and "Key Actions" along with resource (re)allocation
- Development or revision of "bottle necks" and resource (re)allocation
- Outfield Analysis
- Infield analysis
- Project and process optimization in marketing / sales or business units (planning / market analytics / market access / marketing services / CRM / CME sales force & sales clinic / sales force & sales practice / compliance management)
- Project and process optimization in medical affairs (clinical development, center management, drug and device safety, medical services, medical liaison management, compliance management)
- Project and process optimization in business development (corporate planning / portfolio management / scouting / contracting / licensing / co-development / co-selling)
Example "Biotechnology market segment" from article: Market needs and innovation drivers - example ANTI-BODY research and products [NBEs / New Biological Entities]: According to Lu et al. Journal of Bio-medical Science (2020) 27:1: "Development of Therapeutic Antibodies to Treat Disease"
(Quotes): It has been more than three decades since the first monoclonal antibody was approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration (US FDA) in 1986, and during that time antibody engineering has advanced dramatically further developed. Current anti-body drugs have fewer and fewer side effects due to their high specificity. As a result, therapeutic antibodies have become the dominant class of new drugs developed in recent years. In the last five years, antibodies have become the best-selling drugs in the pharmaceutical market, and in 2018 eight of the top ten best-selling drugs worldwide were biologics. The global market for therapeutic monoclonal antibodies was valued at approximately US$115.2 billion in 2018 and is projected to generate sales of US$150 billion by the end of 2019 and US$300 billion by 2025. New drugs became treatments various human diseases, including many types of cancer, autoimmune, metabolic and infectious diseases. As of December 2019, 79 therapeutic mAbs have been approved by the US FDA, but there is still significant growth potential. This report summarizes the latest market trends and outlines the outstanding antibody engineering technologies used in the development of therapeutic antibody drugs such as: Finally, future applications and perspectives will also be discussed."